Individual Therapy for Adolescents
Maybe your child is showing signs of anger or defiance. Perhaps your child seems withdrawn—and you can’t bridge the new divide between you. Or, instead, you’re concerned about anxiety, social anxiety, depression, signs of self-injury, or issues with body image. As a parent, you can see that your child is struggling and in pain, but you lack the tools to help. Stress mounts at school and home.
Adolescents struggle with life’s pressures. Many lack the perspective and coping skills that time and wisdom bring. That’s where we come in. The adolescent patients we see benefit from our expertise as well as our compassion and ability to convey understanding for what they are experiencing.
In individual therapy sessions, your clinician will carefully consider both your child and the context of his or her life—the school environment, family, relationships, responsibilities, past experiences, and more. Therapy is customized to your child and what he or she needs most in treatment.
Clinicians at Guada Psych also are skilled in family therapy to address stress, life changes, conflict, and more. If your child is struggling with any of the following, we can help:
- Anxiety or social anxiety
- ADD or ADHD
- Autism Spectrum Disorders, including Asperger’s
- Defiance in the school setting
- Substance use
- Difficulty connecting with peers
- Eating disorders
- Gender dysphoria
- Grief and loss
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Poor performance in school
- Self-esteem and self-confidence
- Self-injury, skin-picking, or hair-picking
- Sexuality/sexual orientation
- Stress, from work, family life, divorce, and more
- Trauma, including sexual and physical abuse
Interested in discussing therapy or scheduling your first session? Call or click below for a confidential consultation or scheduling.Contact Page