The golden afternoons of fall are beautiful, but for many people they’re a harbinger of the harsher season to come. The days are shorter, it’s dark earlier, and temperatures are falling. The excitement of the new school year has worn off, and midterms, heavy workloads, and the crush of the holidays loom.
It’s at this time of year, as the days grow shorter, that Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) can kick in for many people. They feel moody and sluggish, as if their energy is sapped. They feel depressed. And, for others who may not be affected by SAD, holiday loneliness or depression can be an underbelly to the season.
When combined with your responsibilities and a packed schedule, your mental health burdens can drag you down. That’s why Guada Psychological Service’s video therapy is such a great fit for many patients. They can obtain the relief and support they’re seeking—in comfort and privacy.
For many patients in practice, video therapy overcomes the challenges of distance and busy schedules. Video therapy can be as effective as in-person sessions in treating certain mental health conditions. Adolescent and adult patients struggling with anxiety, compulsive thoughts, depression, grief, work or school stress, poor body images, trauma, and more find relief in video therapy sessions.
Video Therapy Patients
I’m licensed to provide video therapy for patients living in Indiana and Illinois. Some of my video therapy patients include:
- Adolescent patients who are away at college but wish to or need to continue therapy with me.
- Adolescents or adults who are juggling busy schedules and find it easier to fit video therapy into their packed lives than a trip to my office.
- Adult patients who travel heavily for work and have difficulty committing to a regular in-office schedule slot.
Advantages to Video Therapy
Some of my patients have found surprising advantages in video therapy, including:
- A strong rapport with me, especially if they’ve had a chance to meet me first, before moving into video therapy
- Greater comfort in being in their own space while at therapy
- Having the peace and quiet to decompress and reflect after therapy, without having to leave my office and go back into public
- Less stress about drive time or making a train, school pickup, or other commitments
The video application I use to conduct video therapy sessions is free. It’s also HIPAA-approved and encrypted for privacy, which means sessions are not recorded. I make the application available for download via a link on my website, and it functions exactly like FaceTime or Skype.
At Guada Psychological Services, I offer individual, group, and video therapy for adolescents and adults struggling with a variety of mental health conditions. My approach to therapy is tailored to each patient, and I carefully consider the full context of each patient’s life, so I can help him or her make positive change. As a PsyD, I am trained to see even the most serious cases. Through comprehensive education, deep experience, and enduring human compassion, I build rapport and lasting relationships with each and every one of my patients to provide relief and a brighter future.
To learn more about video therapy or to discuss if it might be right for you or your child, please call me at 847-797-4699.